This is a course from the AIDA organization. The International Association for Development of Apnea, is an organization of freedivers. It is a certified free-diving courses from beginner levels to advanced levels. With AIDA 1 Star, you can discover free-diving at your own pace as a beginner or go further in advancing your skills. At SSS Phuket, we offer you the possibility to discover a whole new underwater experience. An experience that you never had before.
To successfully complete the AIDA 1 Star , you will have to perform:
- an one minute fifteen seconds breathold
- a twenty-five meters underwater swim with fins
Days Trip Itinerary | AIDA 1 Star
DAY 1 : Pool Session
- 8:30 am – 12:00 am – Meeting at SSS Phuket for a briefing and theory session
- 13:00 pm – 15:00 pm – Training static apnea in a swimming pool
DAY 2 : Open Water
- 7:30am – Meeting at your hotel and transfer to Chalong Pier
- 9:00 am – Welcome aboard!
Breakfast is provided on the way
- 10:00am – First dive
- 12:00am – Hot buffet lunch served on board. Time for some snorkeling and sun bathing after lunch.
- 13:00 pm – Second dive constant weight
- 15:00 pm – Rest and relax. Enjoy fresh tropical fruit and soft drinks on the way back to Chalong Pier
- 15:30pm – Back to Chalong Pier
- 16:00pm – Return to Hotel
Koh Racha Yai, is the largest of the two islands located off the Southeastern coast of Phuket.
Different kinds of corals can be spotted here with the Staghorn coral predominating in many areas. Marine life is rich and species such as Barracuda, Tuna and Milk Fish can be found in this area.
The better place for diving is located on the East coast along the hard coral reef where there are shipwrecks and good drifts.
There are several interesting dive sites around Koh Racha Yai including Lucy’s Reef, Reef “Do little Do” where Stonefish and Batfish may be chanced upon. Not forgetting Marla’s mystery, a wreck that became home to Morays, Groupers and Lionfish.
Why Us ? / Why Phuket ?
Great Underwater Visibility
Hard colorful corals, shipwrecks, marine life observation (turtles)
Dive Site Depth - 18 PGM Maximum Depth
4 dives in sites with 40 meters depth
Easy, for everyone who is at least 15 years old