The PADI Scuba Diver certification might be the perfect solution for you. Firstly, it would allow you to go diving with a dive guide without spending too much time compared to the Open Water Diver course Phuket. It would give you an idea of what is a dive experience and allow you to continue with the Open Water Diver Course.
Point of interest
Dive site shallowest depth
Dive Site deepest depth
Numbers of dives
Marine life observation
Day Trip Itinerary | Scuba Diver
PADI Scuba Diver All Included
PADI Scuba Diver Program
You will be able to go on different dive trips with a proper guide to discover the dive sites.
To obtain this certification, less time is required than the PADI Open Water Diver course. For the open water Scuba Diver course Phuket, it includes:
• 3 out of 5 sections of knowledge development
• 3 out of 5 pool sessions
• 2 out of 4 open water training dives
You would receive, as such, a limited certification.
Once you receive the Scuba Diver certification, you will be qualified to :
• Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Instructor or Assistant Instructor to a maximum depth of 12 meters (40 feet)
• Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment available at the shop.
• Participate in other diving activities as long as they have the required supervision.
• Continue your dive training and complete PADI Open Water Diver certification and other courses such as Project AWARE and equipment specialty courses.
You will learn theory and then have practical skills in the pool and in the open waters. After that you will be equipped with the knowledge and a set of scuba diving skills that you will be able to use again during your open water dives. Essentially, you will learn how to appreciate the underwater environment that would give you the desire to come back later !
An overview of the course:
• Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents
• Breathing underwater
• Staying warm underwater, streamlining your swimming skills.
• Diving environment and aquatic life
• Common problems/errors that could occured underwater
• An introduction to boat diving
• At least 15 years old (or 10 years old for the Junior Scuba Diver certification)
For each new concept, you will have to read a short write-up followed by a video demonstration. You will then begin the practical course where you will try various techniques in the pool (or an environement like a pool) with one of SSS Phuket’s dive instructor.