oh Doc Mai is shaped like a flower from an aerial view, thus the origin of its name – ” Flower Island”. Beneath the surface is a visual paradise where walls are totally carpeted by soft corals, harps, sea fans, anemones, sponges and more.
Koh Dok Mai is a little limestone islet and the dive site is a wall dive to 25 meters in the East while the western side consist mainly of rocky and hard coral reef.
Day Trip Itinerary | Koh Doc Mai
- 8:00 am – Meeting at your hotel and make your way to the King Cuiser with breakfast on board the boat
- 9:30 am – First Dive at King Cruiser Wreck
- 10:30 am – One hour surface interval
- 11:30 am – Second dive at Shark Point
- 12:30 pm – Hot Buffet lunch on board, after lunch there is time for snorkeling and sun bathing
- 13:30 pm – Third dive at Koh Dok Mai
- 15:30 pm – Back to Chalong Pier
- 16:00 pm – Return to Hotel
Why Us ? / Why Phuket ?
Great Underwater Visibility
Hard colorful corals, shipwrecks, marine life observation (turtles)
Dive Site Depth - 18 PGM Maximum Depth
5 dives in sites with 40 meters depth
Easy, for everyone who is at least 10 years old
Koh Doc Mai is a one of the popular dive sites where diversified flora and fauna can be found. An amazing variety of marine life is awaiting discovery. You would be able to find shrimps, pipefish, ghost pipefish and seahorse in cracks and crevices.
Hidden amidst the corals are the white eye, giant, Honeycomb moray eels as well as the different schools of reef fish.
Another highlight of Koh Doc Mai are the two big caves that can be found on the eastern part of the island. With a torch, you would be able to see the spectacular limestone architecture.
Koh Doc Mai is a delight for macro lovers. Nudibranches are everywhere. Crustaceans such as crabs and lobsters can also be spotted. In addition to the list mentioned earlier, Pelagic fish, big Trevallies and Barracudas can be seen around hunting.
What to Bring ?
– Beach towel
– Shorts & light T-Shirt
– Sun glasses
Koh Doc Mai Highlights:
- Depth: 5 – 30 m.
- Visibilité: 7 – 25 m.
- Currents: Strong.
- Water temperature: 27-30 ° C.
- Experience Level: Open water divers.
- Diving Season: All year.